Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The New LDizzy Main Store - Best Branding Practices

The Pink, the Grey and the Shopper

I was curious (kitten, kitten) to know about the customers opinion and after I find a few sites that offer polls and surveys for free like PollDaddy.com I was able to have some feedback. It was really easy to make a survey that could be filled out in the SL viewer browser quickly and easy.

Some customers gave their feedback and I have no words to express my appreciation for that. I know that you are not inworld to spend your time with a survey but... whew... that makes a lot of difference in a business decision, believe me...


One of the things that always concern me is to keep the lag performance down and how many people are aware or use the gift card systems. You know that shops that you tp in and takes half an hour for the textures to rezz, and the contest in the club is about to finish in 5 minutes ? Yeah.. I don't want the store to be like that.




Now we moved up to the air and the gift card system will be set in a separate box from the vendors. The customers that are not using the gift card system will be able to make an easy purchase, just touching the vendor as before.
Only these two changes will keep the lag down and make the time spent there much more enjoyable. :)



1st floor
Releases of the actual season, forties, classics, gowns, lucky chair, voter
(the kitten checking the new shop left a mark on the new carpet
)

2nd floor
Previous collections, business attire, fifties, lingerie, Midnight Mania, Group Raffle, dollarbies and sales

3td floor
Rockabilly, swimwear, hairs, men´s shirts, entrance to the lounge


The new shop follows the brand colors (rose/pink, silver/grey). I made the new shaded textures, a new building with the art deco style still in mind. Now we have 3 floors and a Penthouse with much more space to allow a mix of free-low and guide-flow shopping. I know most of the shops have everything in one big floor but we are in a virtual world, things have to rezz slower than in the rl. and I like to keep the luxury brand style of the old times. The stairs are made to hide the textures in the other floors because, while your avatar is making some move exercise, the textures will be downloading and should be rezzed when you get there.

Fell free to use the draw distance low if you want, most of the vendors are in the default camera view, so you will be able to have an almost real shopping experience.


The penthouse lounge

Still have a lot of things to set while I hang out in the lounge area.

(new clothes, fashion shows, new video... ideas, ideas, ideas... oh, yeah... i have to change the landmarks...)

Hope you can come to a visit and please let me know what you think!

Dianna Voight